Welcome to our Soundflower installation guide. Installing Soundflower on modern macOS versions can be a little complicated as kernel extensions need now to be given permissions before being loaded for the first time. So the Soundflower installer will error out on macOS High Sierra and Mojave. But this is easy to fix.
macOS 10.13 High Sierra and macOS 10.14 Mojave Soundflower Install
- Download the installer: soundflower_2.0b2.zip.
- Run it and perform the install
- The installer will tell you that it failed. This is completely normal.
- Open the System Preferences and go to the “Security & Privacy” settings.
- Click on the “Allow” button next to “MATT INGALS”.(This has to be a physical hardware click. Remote desktop connections or even local software tools like “Better Touch Tool” won’t work!)
- Run the installer again. This time it will run through without any problems.
Click 'Open Security Preferences'
Click on the Allow button and run the installer again.
Soundflower Mac 2020
Soundflower Os X Catalina
- Voicemeeter Banana. Key features: Compatible with Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista Support up to 5.
- Soundflower works to provide audio streaming with macOS 10.15 Catalina. Remote access can connect at the login screen with macOS 10.15 Catalina. For Mac Business App (workaround using v220.127.116.11.
- Soundflower is a Mac extension that allows programs to pass audio to other applications. Using this program you will be able to record system sound along with the video as well. The latest soundflower.
Start the installation of the soundflower plugin and wait until the error message is displayed, do not close the window with the error message at this time. In the upper left corner of the screen click the Apple.
IMPORTANT: If you can’t record from Soundflower under Mojave (the device is there but only silence is being recorded) make sure that you have given microphone access permissions to your recording app! macOS treats Soundflower like a microphone in this regard. Go to system preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Privacy -> Microphone -> [check mark next to your recording app]
See our blog post about this issue: https://www.fluxforge.com/blog/recording-problems-on-mojave/
macOS 10.10 - 10.12 Soundflower Install
Because we’re getting this asked a lot: Here’s how you get Soundflower to work with macOS 10.12 Sierra and OS X 10.10 and 10.11…
As you know, since 10.10, OS X requires kernel extensions to be signed. Sadly the officially available version of Soundflower isn’t signed because it’s an open source project and - as far as we know - no one has volunteered to do the work and pay the $99 fee to obtain a signing certificate.
That’s why we have built a signed version of Soundflower which will work on OS X 10.10, 10.11 and the new macOS 10.12 Sierra.
Here is the direct download link: soundflower_2.0b2.zip.
Download the zip and run the contained installer. Even though not required you probably should restart your Mac to make sure everything got installed properly.
Please note that we can’t offer direct support for Soundflower. We just built a version you can install on macOS 10.11 and 10.12. If you encounter any problems please contact Soundflower’s developer! You can find their project page here: https://github.com/Soundflower-Original
Shameless self promotion: Have you tried Vector yet? Vector is an audio editor for OS X that is designed to fit into the space between simple audio apps and full blown studio production tools. (Kinda like Cool Edit Pro for the Mac - if you are that old school).