Microsoft Project Plans viewer that offers you the possibility to analyze the data in a well-organized space and effortlessly edit the content
What's new in Project Plan 365 20.66:
- Enhance the “Sign Up with Apple” functionality
- Implement the Password Settings functionality for Admin users
Download Project Plan 365 for Mac - Microsoft Project Plans viewer that offers you the possibility to analyze the data in a well-organized space and effortlessly edit the content. Free Download specifications. DOWNLOAD Project Plan 365. Unlike the competition, Project Plan 365 for Mac is the only app made for Apple computers that can open, edit and save in.mpp Microsoft's native file format for MS Project plans. Read more about Project Plan 365 for Mac.Read the full changelog
The Microsoft Project app enables project managers to both plan events taking into account the available resources and team members and share the information with others.
Project Plan is a macOS application that can open and edit MPP files in a streamlined manner and provides support quickly all the standard views associated with MS Projects.
Load and analyze MPP files or start from scratch and rely on the built-in editing tools
Project Plan can open MPP files generated by various Microsoft Projects versions, going from 2003 to 2016. At the same time, the app can open files from the local drive or connect with different cloud storage services, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, SharePoint, Box, or OneDrive.
On the other hand, Project Plan can be used to start new projects from scratch and then share your plans with Microsoft Projects users. This way you can share your ideas with others, regardless of the platform they are working on.
Within the Project Plan user interface you get to quickly insert data related to resources and tasks, establish an events calendar, and generate reports for assignments, activities, workload, and so on.
Plan various aspects related to your project and use Gantt charts to monitor your progress
The Project Plan app provides support for all the standard views associated with these types of projects: Calendar, Gantt Chart, Resource Sheet, Task Sheet, Tracking Gantt, Network Diagram, Task Usage, or Resources usage.
The project planner includes tools for managing tasks, allows you to create links between activities, can store personal notes, can collect extensive details for each resource item, enables you to customize the default working time, to set a baseline, and so on.
For your convenience, Project Plan can also quickly generate reports regarding the activities associated with your project, costs, assignments, or workload.
Note that Project Plan includes more reports presets so you can easily go over your budget, cash flow, completed tasks, and so on.
Microsoft Project Plans viewer that also integrates editing and reporting capabilities
Bottom line, Project Plan offers you the possibility to open MPP files on your Mac and interact with them without any impediments. The viewer provides support for all the standard views and allows you to navigate between them with ease.
At the same time, Project Plan integrates editing capabilities and can be used to generate project reports, so you can successfully use it to either start planning projects from scratch or collaborate with your team members on an existing project.
Filed underProject Plan 365 was reviewed by Iulia Ivan
- You cannot create new projects
- Edit/Save Existing MPP is disabled
- You cannot change Working Time
- You cannot save Baseline
- You cannot share the plan with others
- You cannot customize the Gantt Chart
- You cannot track costs and budgets
- You cannot assign resources
- You cannot change project settings
- You cannot use all Advanced View-Only
- 64-bit processor
Project Plan 365 20.66add to watchlistsend us an update
- runs on:
- OS X 10.10 or later (Intel only)
- file size:
- 25.1 MB
- main category:
- visit homepage
top alternatives FREE
top alternatives PAID
If you are a project manager using Apple devices, then you know that a PC-bias still exists in the software industry, especially when it comes to anything Microsoft Project. But in 2019, we have options.
While most all software manufactures provide versions of their apps and services that work on both Macs and PCs, Microsoft does not have a macOS version of Project, making your team project work awkward, indeed. To restore harmony in this fractured computer-verse (Mac vs. PC, Apple vs. Google, iOS vs. Android, Siri vs. Alexa, etc.), there are a number of ways for you and your project team to get to Microsoft Project plans:
- The long road, where you use an app to create a “virtual” second computer onboard the hard drive of your MacBook, iMac or MacPro (called a virtual machine), and then you install Microsoft Project within a virtual Windows.
- The winding road, where you meander from Safari to the Project Online website (through an Office 365 subscription), or you are directed to some other project website running SharePoint with a Project Server, and that’s where you do all of your project work - from within a web browser.
- The short cut…
This article discusses the long and winding road (and reveals the shortcut) in terms of pros and cons, as well as providing estimated “travel” costs for your journey…
1) The Long Road: Virtualizing your Mac to run Microsoft Windows + MS Project
What may sound like a quick jog (just run windows on your Mac) this is actually the road less traveled, and for good reason. This slog involves subscribing to one of many providers of a virtualization layer (Parallels Desktop, VMware, etc.) used before you install any flavor of Microsoft Windows that you may have on hand - and finally, once that’s all up and running, then can you install Microsoft Project and get to your work on an Apple device.
- In addition to running Microsoft Project, you can install and run any Windows app that you want.
- If something goes wrong with Windows or Project (as things sometimes do), you can just “blow away” that virtual machine and use your automatically created backup copy.
- Requires one more subscription to a software service (for example, Parallels or VMWare).
- Adds another layer to your Mac that needs a bit of worrying about (in addition to everything else that worries you).
- Creates files so large (after all, there’s an entire computer stuffed inside) you may have to upgrade your Mac’s internal hard drive to something gigabytes bigger.
2) The Winding Road: Using Project Online and all the restto get there....
There are many reasons that you might want to take the meandering path of using your Mac’s web browser to access Microsoft Project data, but simplicity would not be one of them. If all you want to do is to open, edit or create new Microsoft Project files, then don’t install SharePoint Server or any other servers just to do that – that would be silly and overly complex in this age of cloud computing and software-as-a-service (SaaS). Just jump to #3 for a much shorter path.
This setup may be essential to your large enterprise (in other words, you have no choice but to follow this path).
- If you work anywhere that the internet doesn’t, you are out of luck.
- If you are a small-to-mid sized business, the expense of it all may bust your bottom line.
- If you are the Project Manager for your team without dedicated IT support, this could be trouble.
(It’s easier to raise children then to manage all of these systems.)
3) The Shortest Distance Between Two Points: Project Plan 365
If all you want to do is to collaborate with other folks sharing or creating Microsoft project data, then just download the free 30-day trial of either Project Plan 365 for Mac or Project Plan 365 for iOS. This gives you the flexibility to work on any Microsoft Project-created data file, regardless of your hardware or internet connection. Both apps allow you to do exactly the same thing: open, edit or create any Microsoft Project file (.MPP) with no conversions or imports from other odd formats, like .XML or .XLSX - or any other type of file where things can go wrong and mess with your precious project data. This is by far the “shortest distance between two points” for any Project Manager wanting to work on a Mac.
Current users of Microsoft Project will instinctively know how to use Project Plan 365, as the interface is virtually the same – no learning curve here to slow you down.
In addition, by subscribing to the Business (PMO) plan, project managers (especially those working in small-to-medium sized businesses) can augment their Microsoft Project experience as well, by using such Project Plan 365 features as real-time collaboration, portfolio and resource management and more. In short, a Project Management Office (PMO) can be set up on the cheap and within a few hours after your team subscribes to this plan.
- The simplest solution for the stated problem.
- The cheapest solution for the stated problem.
- Adds even more to the experience of being a Microsoft Project user, and gives your team more capabilities as you roll out your projects.
- None to speak of 🙂
The Bottom Line...
Project Plan 365 Crack
The bottom line depends on how far you are willing to go, just to get to a Microsoft Project file, or to collaborate with your team who are all using the same set of Microsoft Project data. Must your team use Project Online / SharePoint / Project Server because your management team has made that edict? Well, we feel for you… perhaps a new Microsoft laptop is in your future, leaving your shiny new Mac in the dust. But if not, taking the shortcut (#3 above) is going to save you time and money:
Download Ms Project 365 Free
1. The long road:
2. The winding road:
3. The shortcut:
Cost per user, per year (in USD)
Mega-bucks in Enterprise dollars!
Microsoft Project Viewer 365 Free
Which solves the problem? #1 yes, #2 not really and #3, sure thing!
In addition to user cost savings per year, other intangibles are gained, such as the convenience of working on your project plans (or having someone else updating your plan) no matter where in the world you or anyone on your team is working (say on the plains of the Sudan, the beaches of Fiji or atop Mt. Everest) – you will always have a way to edit your Microsoft Project plans on your favorite Apple device.
Project Plan 365 also allows you to take Microsoft Project files and go well beyond what you can do within the Microsoft app; for example, with Project Plan 365 you can build a PMO on the cheap, manage and report on your entire portfolio of projects, and store your files in a private and secure cloud - without having to purchase expensive software servers or buy any more new hardware.